Your Wedding in St Thomas’ Church
St Thomas Wedding
Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage!
Whether you’re dreaming of a church wedding or well into the planning already, we are here to help and support you.
You are able to marry in St Thomas’ if you have a significant connection with our parish. The main ones are that at least one of you resides in the Parish of Bedhampton or is on our Church’s Electoral Roll.
To check that you live in our Parish, type your Post Code into the “A Church Near You” website.
There are additional ways in which you may be able to get married in our church:
If any of the following apply:
- You were baptised (christened) in our church.
- You were confirmed in our church.
- You have previously lived in the parish for at least six months.
- You have attended public worship in our church for at least six months.
- A parent of either of you has lived in the parish for at least six months.
- A parent of either of you has attended public worship in our church for at least six months.
- Either your parents or grandparents were married in our church.
If none of these significant connections applies to you it may still be possible to be married by Special Licence. Further information can be obtained by seeing the Rector
If either of you is divorced it may still be possible to get married at St Thomas’ but it will depend on individual circumstances – please meet with the Rector to explore this.
For more information and helpful advice about planning a church wedding visit yourchurchwedding.org
To discuss getting married in St Thomas’ Church (or if you are marrying in another Church and require your Banns read in our Church), please contact the Parish Office to make an appointment to visit Max between 2 pm and 4 pm on a Sunday afternoon. If those times don’t work do get in contact and we can arrange an alternative time.
St Thomas’ Church is booked far in advance. We are currently taking bookings for this year and next year. Each January we extend the booking forward to cover the next 2 years.