This venue acts as a centre for both church and community to meet. St Nicholas’ is very much used by local organisations and people from Bedhampton. At the heart of the life of the building is the weekly service which draws all ages from the local community.
The present building was originally part of the old naval camp based on Belmont Park. Purchased in 1950, the existing building was extended by the construction of a new hall including a Sanctuary and a stage. It was opened and dedicated in 1959 by the then Bishop of Portsmouth.